Slow Down and Connect with God
The Bible in contemporary language is placed here alongside the ancient Christian practice of lectio divina, or sacred reading. A perfect resource for your devotional quiet time.
This beautiful reading Bible introduces the timeless practice of lectio divina. Learn the practice with 150 guided reflections, then enjoy putting prayerful reading to practice, with ample space for journaling your observations, reflections, and prayers on high-quality paper.
Here are the steps of prayerful reading to help you slow down and meet with God:
- Stop: Take a moment to stop and prepare to encounter God.
- Read: Read and make observations of the chosen passage.
- Ponder: Meditate on the meaning of what you’ve read.
- Pray: Begin a conversation with God about this Scripture.
- Reflect: Take note of what this time with God has brought to the surface for you.
- Live: Consider how this time with God translates into our life with God.
You’ll enter the text of Scripture more fully than ever before and come out of each prayerful reading with a fresh encounter with our loving God, ready to live in the way of Jesus.
Title: The Message Prayerful Reading Bible (Hardcover)
By: Eugene H. Peterson
Publication Date: 2022
Weight: 3 pounds
Text Layout: Double Column
Stock No: WW583862